Fool’s Gold Scramble
- Pat tofu dry and press firmly in a towel to pull out water..
- Prepare sauce by adding dry spices to a small bowl and adding the water. Set aside.
- Prep veggies and heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil and the onion, broccoli stem, and red pepper. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, use a fork to crumble the tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add sauce, pouring it mostly over the tofu and a little over the veggies. Stir immediately, evenly distributing the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with toast,or fruit.
Yolk’s On You - Eggless Caesar Dressing
- Drain 2 cans of garbanzo beans and save the liquid - it’s called Aquafaba. Place aquafaba in a blender and buss for 15 seconds until it’s light and frothy. Add mustard, anchovy, garlic, parmesan, pinch of salt and vinegar. Blend for another 15 second on high. Turn blender to low and slowly, steadily stream in the oil, a few drops at a time. Especially at the beginning, you can not go slowly enough. When it’s thick and emulsified you can turn it back up to medium for a few seconds.
- Serve on romaine, grilled chicken or shrimp, or with veggies for dipping.
(Don’t waste ‘em - Toss garbanzo beans with paprika, garlic powder and salt, drizzle with oil and roast at 425 until hot and crispy for a delicious snack or caesar salad topping!)
This is a great use of avocados that are too far gone for slicing or guacamole
- 2 ripe or overripe avocados
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips
- 3-4 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. Spoon into individual jars
Delicious and surprising recipes courtesy of Stop Food Waste Chef Partner, Chef Alison Mountford. Visit Ends + Stems for more meal planning tools, recipes, and inspiration to reduce wasted food in your kitchen.