A post-Thanksgiving favorite. Don’t forget to incorporate any leftover stuffing and cranberry sauce for a heartier sandwich.
- Leftover turkey, sliced or shredded as preferred
- Leftover stuffing
- Leftover cranberry sauce
- Leftover gravy
- Leftover bread rolls or baguette
- Allow for individual customization by laying out all of the ingredients, buffet-style.
- Turkey and stuffing can be served cold or heated briefly in the oven or microwave. If reheating in the oven, make sure to keep the dishes covered to avoid them drying out. Gravy should be served hot and can serve to add moisture to the sandwiches.
- Include any other desired condiments or veggies such as lettuce, baby kale, tomatoes, etc.
- Slice leftover bread rolls or baguette in half and toast them briefly in a 250° degree preheated oven to bring back to life. Place the bread at the start of the assembly line and allow each person to fill their sandwich as desired.
Consider trying the gourmet recipes for apple stuffing and cranberry apple chutney included in the beautiful Thanksgiving Sando from Edible East Bay, Winter Holidays 2015.