I try my best to consume food items that we have at home, but sometimes life happens. We forget or put off using the groceries that we have at home.
As for this baguette, I found it to be rock hard by the time I decided to use it. Fear not! By simply soaking the bread under running water, and tossing it into the oven, I’ve revived the baguette enough to cut through it and make into croutons.
This is a perfect addition to my salads. With a tightly sealed container these croutons can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator, still as crunchy as ever.
1 leftover hard baguette
Olive oil (drizzle)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take your baguette and run some cool water over the whole outer baguette. About 15 seconds.
- Shake off excess water and put on a tray
- Put the baguette in the oven and bake for 7-12 minutes or until golden/darker brown.
- Take baguette out and let cool to touch. After its cooled down you can cut your bread into crouton shape.
- Put in desired tightly sealed container and drizzle the olive oil over croutons. Then season with salt and pepper.
More tips for making the most of your bread: