Chef Jen has created another nutritious, delicious recipe that nourishes our bodies and decreases food waste. This sheet pan recipe is a great way to use up little bits of produce that might not be enough to be a meal themselves but are too good to waste. Check out the different serving suggestions at the end!
- Heat oven to 425ºF
- Cut vegetables into similar sized pieces
- Drizzle vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and/or spiced of your choice. Toss until vegetables are well coated.
- Put vegetable on sheet pan and spread in a single layer so they don't overlap
- Cook for 15 minutes, stir, and put back into the oven for 5 more minutes if needed
- Add onions and/or whole cloves of garlic
- Include a protein like cooked beans
- Hearty vegetables like potatoes may need extra time to cook
- By itself
- Over rice
- Over cooked greens
- With pasta
- With lettuce
Learn more about Food Shift and their programs to rescue surplus food that would otherwise waste away in landfills and utilize it to fuel their social enterprise kitchen.
Related: Batch Roasted Vegetables