Chef Jen has created another nutritious, delicious recipe that nourishes our bodies and decreases food waste. This sheet pan recipe is a great way to use up little bits of produce that might not be enough to be a meal themselves but are too good to waste. Check out the different serving suggestions at the end!
- Heat oven to 425ºF
- Cut vegetables into similar sized pieces
- Drizzle vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and/or spiced of your choice. Toss until vegetables are well coated.
- Put vegetable on sheet pan and spread in a single layer so they don't overlap
- Cook for 15 minutes, stir, and put back into the oven for 5 more minutes if needed
- Add onions and/or whole cloves of garlic
- Include a protein like cooked beans
- Hearty vegetables like potatoes may need extra time to cook
- By itself
- Over rice
- Over cooked greens
- With pasta
- With lettuce
Learn more about Food Shift and their programs to rescue surplus food that would otherwise waste away in landfills and utilize it to fuel their social enterprise kitchen.