Gatherings with friends and family don't have to end with bags of trash and waste. Plan ahead for a low waste party!
- Whether in your own home or outdoors in a park, help your guests sort correctly with StopWaste's easy to use sign maker tool. Choose the items from the toolkit that best represent what you'll have at the party, and be sure to label each bin or bag to avoid confusion. *If you don't have a printer, use the tool as inspiration and make your own hand-written and drawn signs! Get the kids involved to make it more fun.
- Opt for reusables! If you're able, skip the disposable plates, cups and cutlery, and provide your guests with reusable options. Not only will you avoid a huge amount of party waste that comes with disposables, but your guests will likely appreciate the sturdier options.
- Have a tendency to overbuy for parties? Try using the Guest-imator tool from Save the Food to help get an idea of how much food you'll really need for the number of guests you expect to attend.
- Chef Alison of Ends and Stems shares tips to Host a Less Waste BBQ that range from how to plan for a meal vs. snacks, to safe food practices that ensure your food doesn't spoil.
- Plan to send friends and family home with leftovers and ensure all that good food gets eaten! Get inspired by the Filipino tradition of "baon" in this post, and start putting aside clean containers to send home with guests.