This fast and easy recipe uses ingredients you are likely to have on hand.
1 lb shaped pasta (Fusilli and Orecchiette are great)
1 cup frozen corn kernels (or peas)
1 head broccoli
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tsp garlic powder
½ cup parmesan cheese (or chevre)
- Bring a pasta pot of water to a boil and add about 1 Tablespoon of salt.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions - usually this is about 8-11 minutes.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets then slice and dice the stems too.
- Add the broccoli to the cooking pasta when you have about 4 minutes left to boil.
- Add the corn (ok to be frozen still) and the tomatoes with 2 minutes left to boil.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain it all then add it back to the hot pot with either 1 Tablespoon of butter or olive oil, the garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the reserved pasta water. Toss to coat.
- Add most of the parmesan and toss.
- Plate and garnish with the rest of the cheese
Click here to get the full Chef Alison's Hangry Cookbook, Recipes for when you needed to eat 30 minutes ago... featuring 10 minute recipes with 6 ingredients or less.
Chef Alison is a StopWaste, food waste prevention partner. Visit Ends + Stems for more meal planning tools, recipes, and inspiration to reduce wasted food in your kitchen.