Make the most out of your turkey by turning the bones and leftover meat into a tasty and healthy turkey soup.
- 3 cups cooked turkey meat, chopped
- Leftover bones from a 10-12 lb. turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 carrots and 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 gallon (16 cups) water or broth (see our Veggie Stock recipe)
- 1 pound of fresh spinach or kale, chopped
- Optional: 3 cups of pasta (add at last minute if already cooked)
- Place turkey bones in a 2-gal stockpot, add water or broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Remove bones.
- Sauté onions, carrots, and celery until tender. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add to stockpot along with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 min.
- Add the fresh greens and uncooked pasta if using it. Bring soup back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Add chopped turkey meat (if using precooked pasta, add now) simmer until warm.